About Simply Susan

My photo
Made in England, Susan grew up particularly enjoying collecting second hand books and visiting jumble sales for bargains. She moved to Australia where she developed a passion for 'Treasure' hunting in opportunity shops. This led to her home becoming a refuge for orphaned bears and an assortment of hand made objects. Susan loves to spend her time creating beautiful country crafts and writing poems about her creations and life experiences. When not busily sewing or writing Susan enjoys hosting themed afternoon teas for her friends and relaxing in her home on the beautiful Gold Coast. May you enjoy Simply Susan's musings.

Monday, November 12, 2012

Gold In The Garden

Back in September, the tenth to be precise, I wrote about what a flower represents and in that post I mentioned that I had split up a clump of Correopsis into several dozen plants, that I was eagerly waiting to mature and come into flower, at the time I only had a photo of one flower. Well, here is the gold in the garden this morning!


Once again we are experiencing very dry conditions, so the plants surviving in the garden are hardy ones, for which I am very grateful, else it would be a very sad sight outside.

Here is another gem that has self seeded all around the garden and I am delighted to welcome it in such profusion, both white and pink varieties, in places where nothing has survived before. Its name is Gaura or butterfly flower, named so because the delicate,orchid style flowers bloom on long stems and they appear like fluttering butterflies in the breeze, sadly they don't survive in water, so I am unable to add them to the bunches that I love to pick and share.



So much to be thankful for!
Simply Susan




No comments:

Post a Comment